BORN 1 Dec 1761, Paris - DIED 16 Jul 1844, Paris|
GRAVE LOCATION Paris: Montmartre Cimetière, 20 Avenue Rachel (division 04)
As one of the members of the Commission des Sciences et des Arts, Jean-Baptiste Lepère was taken to Egypt by Napoleon Bonaparte to investigate if a canal Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea across the Nile Delta would be feasible. In Egypt he created drawings of ancient Egyptian temples. He became a member of the Institut d'Égypte in 1798.
During the empire he was the architect of both the Château de Malmaison (1802, with Percier and Fontaine) and the Château de Saint-Cloud. He also raised the Vendôme column at the Place Vendôme (1806-1810). In 1824 he created the first design for the Church of St-Vincent-de-Paul. His daughter married the architect Jacques Hittorff.
cooperated with Hittorff, Jacques Ignace
is father-in-law/mother-in-law of Hittorff, Jacques Ignace
Jean-Baptiste LepÃ¨re â€” WikipÃ©dia