BORN 16 May 1837, Dietersdorf, Sachsen-Anhalt - DIED 17 Nov 1925, Saalburg an der Saale, Thüringen|
GRAVE LOCATION Stahnsdorf, Berlin: Südwestfriedhof, Bahnhofstrasse (Alte Umbettung, Abt. C)
Christian Heidecke studied at the Bauakedamie in Berlin under Heinrich Strack and Richard Lucae. In 1865 he started working as an independent architect and in 1867 he joined the Berlin Architects' Association. His villa designs were popular with upper-class society.
In 1888 he was one of the founders of the Saalburg marble works which grew into an important company. In 1895-1896 he built the Schwartzsche Villa for the banker Carl Schwarz in Berlin-Steglitz. At the Pariser Platz in Berlin Max Liebermann lived in a building designed by him but it was destroyed in the Second World War. The Villa Oppenheim he designed in Charlottenburg now houses the the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf museum.
After his death in Saalburg an der Saale he was buried at the Alte St.-Matthäus-Kirchhof in Berlin-Schöneberg. His remains were reburied at the Südwestfriedhof in stahnsdorf.
was pupil to Strack, Heinrich
Mende, Hans-Jürgen, Lexicon Berliner Grabstätten, Haude & Spener, 2005
Christian Heidecke â€“ Wikipedia