BORN 10 Jan 1878, Königswinter, Nordrhein-Westfalen - DIED 2 Aug 1952, Königswinter, Nordrhein-Westfalen|
GRAVE LOCATION Königswinter, Nordrhein-Westfalen: Friedhof Am Palastweiher, Am Palastweiher
In 1904 Johann Lemmerz founded a production company in Königswinter together with his brothers Franz and Simon. They produced a motorised two-seater vehicle but due to limited commercial perspective they switched to passenfer ferries and motor yaghts between 1907 and 1914. After the First World War broke out they produced metal coponents. After the war Lemmerz-Werk GmbH produced rims and car wheels. They surviced the economical crisis and started delivering their products abroad in 1929.
In 1930 Johann Lemmerz became a member of the city council of Königswinter. In 1935 his son Paul Lemmerz took over the technical management. During the Second World War the factory was damaged and production was moved to Ingelbach and Wunsiedel in 1944. After the war Johann Lemmerz retired from the company. In 1950 he became a honorary citizen of Köningswinter. He died there in 1952.