BORN 17 Sep 1854, Wien - DIED 7 Jul 1912, Roma, Lazio|
GRAVE LOCATION Roma, Lazio: Campo Santo Teutonico, Via di Porta Cavalleggeri
Othmar Brioschi was the son of the theatre painter Carlo Brioschi (1826-1895). The painter Anton Brioschi (1855-1920) was his brother. He studied in Munich under Simon Quaglio (1795-1878) and from 1874 onwards also at the Academy of Arts. From 1878 to 1880 he worked for his father in Vienna.
He continued his studies with Eduard von Lichtenfels and won a two years residence in Rome. He went there in 1885 and Rome became his permanent home. He is best known for his landscape painting of the surroundings of Rome but he also created paintings for the interior of the Museum of Natural History in Vienna. In 1905 he became o professor at the Academy of San Luca.
Othmar Brioschi – Wikipedia