BORN 5 Jul 1884, Southwick, West Sussex - DIED 10 Dec 1945, London|
GRAVE LOCATION Bathampton (near Bath), Somerset: St. Nicholas' Church, Mill Lane (churchyard)
Therèse Lessore was a daughter of the French painter Jules Lessore (1849-1892). Her grandfather Émile Lessore (1805-1876) was a decorator for Wedgewood Potteries. She studied at the Slade School of Art from 1904 to 1909 and she mostly painted landscapes, interiors and scenes from the circus.
Her first husband was a founding member of the London group, Bernard William Audenay. She exhibited more than 100 works with the London Group. In 1918 she had a solo exhibition and her work showed the influence of Walter Sickert who wrote approvingly about her paintings in 1916. She divorced her husband in 1921 and in 1926 she married Sickert. From that moment onwards she only produced a limited number of paintings.
Husband: Sickert, Walter (1926-1942)