BORN 16 Mar 1796, Imola, Emilia-Romagna - DIED 28 Jan 1878, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna|
GRAVE LOCATION Bologna, Emilia-Romagna: Cimitero monumentale della Certosa di Bologna, Via della Certosa 18
Cincinnato Baruzzi was the son of Vincenzo Luigi and Maria Tadoline, who was the daughter of the architect Francesco Tadolini. He was educated at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Bologna. After winning a prize in 1819 he continued his studies in Rome in the workshop of Canova. After Canova's death in 1822 he directed the workshop. In 1831 he was offered the professorship of sculpture at the Accademia of Belle Arti in Bologna.
In Bologna he lived in the villa L’Eliso on the hill of San Mamolo. In 1836 he married the painter Carolina Primodi who supported him after their marriage. His house was destroyed when the Austrians attacked Bologna in 1849 and many of his works were lost. He went to Rome, Naples and Paris to sell some of his works, but the proceedings hardly covered the cost of rebuilding his villa. In 1859 he was forced to retire after he was suspected to support the old regime. In 1860 Caroline died and he lived in his villa until his own death in 1878.
Wife: Primodi, Carolina (1836-1860, Bologna: Chiesa San Martino)
Cincinnato Baruzzi - Wikipedia