|PAINTER, ENGRAVER (ITALY)|
BORN 21 Nov 1902, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna - DIED 10 Jul 1984, Montepiano, Toscana|
GRAVE LOCATION Bologna, Emilia-Romagna: Cimitero monumentale della Certosa di Bologna, Via della Certosa 18 (left of the entrance to the wall)
Bruno Saetti studied at the Accademia di belle arti di Bologna until 1924. In 1927 his first solo exhibition was organised. In 1928 his "Judgement of Paris" was shown at the Venice Biennale. In 1930 he started teaching at the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia and from 1950 to 1956 he was its director. Giorgio Bordini, Olghina di Robilant and Federico De Rocco were among his pupils.
After he visited Pompeï in 1935 he started painting frescoes. "The Holy Family" (1958) is at the University of Padua. He also worked as an engraver and a lithographer. Saetti took part in many international exhibitions. After his death in 1984 an anthology was organised at the Palazzo Strozzi in Florence.
Bruno Saetti - Wikipedia