|COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR (GERMANY)|
BORN 18 Jan 1816, Alt Ruppin, Brandenburg - DIED 1 May 1887, Wiesbaden, Hessen|
GRAVE LOCATION Wiesbaden, Hessen: Nordfriedhof, Platter Strasse (A 14-Ws-024-025)
Ferdinand Möhring was the son of the carpenter Johann Friedrich Möhring. He entered the Gewerbeschule (business school) in Berlin according to his father's wishes, but he ended his studies there and went to the Institut für Kirchenmusik (Institute for Church Music, a predecessor of the The Royal Music Insitute) in Berlin. Subsequently he studied at the music department of the Academy of Arts from 1837 to 1840. His Sinfonie in B-Dur was performed by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy in 1838 in the Gewandhaus in Leipzig.
After his studies he was engaged in Saarbrücken where he became the organist of the Ludwigskirche. In 1842 he travelled to Paris, where he met Chopin. In 1844 he was appointed royal music director. From 1845 to 1874 he was the musical director of the men's singing club Altruppin. He married Hedwig Schulz (1836-1916), the daughter of a painter, in 1857. In 1876 he moved to Wiesbaden where he became friends with Gustav Freitag, Franz Wilhelm and Friedrich von Bodenstedt. He died in Wiesbaden in 1887.
was a friend of Abt, Franz Wilhelm
met Chopin, Frédéric
Ferdinand MÃ¶hring â€“ Wikipedia