Cooper, Reynard

ACTOR (ENGLAND)
BORN c1857 - DIED 1892
CAUSE OF DEATH accidental cyanide poisoning
GRAVE LOCATION Brookwood, Surrey: Brookwood Cemetery (Plot 118 (Actors' Acre))

Reynard Cooper was the grandson of another Reynard Cooper and the son of the actor Frederick Harwood Cooper. He died after he accidentally drank cyanide, thinking it was lavendel water. As an actor he used the name Rene Renad and he and his brother Charles (1860-1927) were known ad the Renad Brothers. Shortly before his death he appeared at the Princess Theatre in London in "The Swiss Express".

Images

The grave of Reynard Cooper at Brookwood Cemetery, Woking.
Picture by Androom (25 Jun 2009)

 

Sources
• Clarke, John M., London's Necropolis, A Guide to Brookwood Cemetery, Sutton Publishing, Stroud, Gloucestershire, 2004


Corbucci, Bruno

Published: 20 Feb 2022
Last update: 20 Feb 2022