BORN 30 Mar 1875, Oradea (Romania) - DIED 30 Dec 1933, Budapest|
GRAVE LOCATION Budapest: Farkasréti Jewish Cemetery, Érdi út
Art nouveau architect László Vágó was the brother of the architect József Vágó. He studied at the Building Academy until 1893 and worked for Ignác Alpár. In 1899 he won a gold medal for his design of the Gellert Hill and the Elisabeth Bridge. He travelled abroad and after his return in Budapest he opened an office with his brother József. They designed the National Salon of Budapest (1906), the Árkád Bazaar (1908) and further buildings.
After 1911 they worked apart from each other and he designed villas and theatres. Towards the end of the 1920s he designed the Heroes' Church that is connected to the Dohány Street Synagogue in Budapest. He died in 1933 in Budapest and his tomb shows pictures of the buildings that he designed.