Opened for burials: 1839
Size: 45 acres
Arnos Vale Cemetery was designed by Charles Underwood in the style of a Greek Necropolis. It opened for burials in 1839. During the 20th century is was neglected. In 1987 the owner wanted to remove the bodies and develop a houses at the site. Shortly after 2000 it was bought by the Bristol City Council. In recent years the cemetery underwent restoration.