Lüttichau, Ida von

PHILOSOPHER (GERMANY)
BORN 30 May 1798, Sellin, Neumark - DIED 1 Feb 1856, Dresden
REAL NAME Knobelsdorff, Ida von
GRAVE LOCATION Dresden, Sachsen: Trinitatisfriedhof, Fiedlerstraße 1, Johannstadt-Nord (at the wall, near the grave of Carus)

Daughter of Christoph von Knobelsdorf, who was a Master of the Horse. She was educated in languages, literature, painting and music. In 1818 she married Wolf August von Lüttichau (1788-1853) who became the director of the Hoftheater in Dresden in 1824.

Her cultural education enabled her to play an important part in the circle around Ludwig Tieck and Carl Gustav Carus. Richard Wagner called her the 'first woman of a higher art' who understood his work and he dedicated the musical score of "Der Fliegende Holländer" to her. Ernst Rietschel made a bust of her that is now at the Staatlichen Skulpturensammlung in Dresden.

Related persons
• cooperated with Carus, Carl Gustav
• was sculpted by Rietschel, Ernst
• corresponded with Tieck, Johann Ludwig
• was admired by Wagner, Richard

Images

The grave of Ida von Lüttichau at the Trinitatisfriedhof, Dresden.
Picture by Androom (27 Aug 2012)

 


Lützow, Ludwig Adolf Wilhelm, Freiherr von

Published: 28 Feb 2016
Last update: 28 Feb 2016