BORN 3 Jan 1862, Chemnitz, Sachsen - DIED 20 Sep 1931, München, Bayern|
GRAVE LOCATION München, Bayern: Nordfriedhof, Ungererstrasse 130 (M-li-317/320)
Max Littmann was apprenticed to a mason in Chemnitz before he studied architecture in Dresden (1880-1885). He moved to Munich where his first buildings were residential blocks. Together with his father-in-law Jakob Heilmann he started Heilmann & Littmann in 1892 and they cooperated until 1908. In Munich they built the Hofbräuhaus (1897), the Prinzregentheater (1900-1901) and the building that now houses the Schack Gallery (1907-1909). In Berlin they built the Schillertheater (1905-1906).
He continued to create theatres and houses, among them the Stadttheater in Bolzano (1913-1918) and the Landestheater in Neustrelitz (1926-1928). He died in 1928 in Munich.
Scheibmayr, Erich, Letzte Heimat, Persönlichkeiten in Münchner Friedhöfen 1784-1984, Scheibmayr Verlag, München, 1985
Max Littmann â€“ Wikipedia