BORN 1836, Marseille - DIED 2 May 1915|
GRAVE LOCATION Cannes, Alpes-Maritimes: Cimetière du Grand-Jas, 205 avenue de Grasse (Allée des Chrysanthèmes)
Charles Baron studied at the École des Beaux-Arts and finished his studies in Paris. Afterwards he travelled to the Middle East and to Egypt. He was appointed professor of architecture in Marseille, but in 1863 he settled in Cannes.
In Cannes he built 150 villas in different styles for private customers during 36 years. He was a Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur. Among his buildings are the Villa Rothschild at the Avenue Jean de Noailles (1881) and the Villa des Anthémis at the Rue du Grand Pin (1870).