Miller, Wilhelm von

CHEMIST (GERMANY)
BORN 9 Dec 1848, München, Bayern - DIED 1 Mar 1899, München, Bayern
GRAVE LOCATION München, Bayern: Alte Südfriedhof, Thalkirchnerstrasse 17 (04-12-18)

Wilhelm von Miller was the son of Ferdinand von Miller. Oskar von Miller was his brother. He studied law in Berlin at parents' request but he switched to chemistry after he attended readings by Justus von Liebig. Fromn 1871 to 1874 he studied under Emil Erlenmeyer in Munich and he was promoted in 1874.

He became assistant to Erlenmeyer and visited other German universities to extend his knowledge. In 1883 he succeeded Erlenmeyer as professor of chemistry in Munich. In Munich he founded the first electro-chemical laboratory. He suddenly died in 1899.

Family
• Father: Miller, Ferdinand, ritter von

Sources
Alter Südfriedhof zu München
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_von_Miller

Images

The grave of Wilhelm von Miller at the Alte Südfriedhof, München.
Picture by Androom (22 Aug 2008)

 


Milloss, Aurelio Miholyi

Published: 31 Jan 2016
Last update: 31 Jan 2016