BORN 21 May 1873, Wien - DIED 12 May 1945, Wien|
REAL NAME Hegele, Maximilian
GRAVE LOCATION Wien: Hadersdorf-Weidlingau Friedhof, 14., Friedhofstraße 12 (Gruppe 1, Reihe L, Nummer 18 (Ehrengrab))
Architect of Jugendstil. Max Hegele studied from 1893 to 1896
at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. There he was taught by
Hasenauer and Luntz. In 1897 he studied in Italy.|
Between 1906 and 1908 he built the church of Pressbaum near Vienna and in 1912/1913 he decorated the Aspernbrücke in Vienna (uncompleted because of the First World War). Several buildings at the Zentralfriedhof in Vienna were designed by him after he won a competition in 1903. Among them is the Lueger Gedächtniskirche.
From 1908 to 1937 he was a professor at the Federal Technical Research and Teaching Institute in Vienna. He also designed the chapel of the cemetery in Hadersdorf-Weidlingau. He was buried at that cemetery after his death in 1945.
Suche - Presse-Service