BORN 27 Aug 1845, Pest - DIED 10 Jun 1914, Budapest|
GRAVE LOCATION Budapest: Kerepesi cemetery (28-díszsor-19)
Art nouveau archirtect and early representative of the Hungarian
Secession movement. He used elements from Magyar and Turkish
folk art in his work.|
Lechner studied architecture in Budapest and at the Schinkel School in Berlin. He started a firm with Gyula Partos and mostly worked in Pest. Not long after he married his wife died in 1875. He went to Paris where he worked for Clement Parent until 1878. In 1879 he was back in Hungary and now he worked in a more modern style. In 1896 he withdrew from the firm, but as an independent architect he found it harder to receive commissions.
Among his buildings are the Budapest Museum of Applied Arts (1896) and the Geological Museum (1896-1899), also in Budapest.
Ă–dĂ¶n Lechner - Wikipedia
Vórnai, Péter, Budapest Guide, Tourism Office of Budapest, 1999